Thursday, March 22, 2012

8 WonderfulYears @ BatStateU ARASOF

Since I was in grade school I have been curious of what it’s like to be in the school that is considered to be the best in our town. I always hear people say “Napakaganda ng turo dyan”  “Yung mga graduate dyan, naku magagaling”. When I was in Grade 6 and was about to enter high school, my parents had only one school in mind and that’s Batangas State University (it was still BSU at that time) popularly known in Nasugbu as “Fisheries”. So to make the story short, I passed the entrance exam along with my other classmates.  I got frustrated at first because I wasn’t able to make it to the star section during first year. It was a big blow for me during that time because I have been a consistent star section student not to mention I graduated with honors during grade school.

I clearly remember how my first day in BatStateU went. It was June 13, 2004, I was carrying a big back pack with all my notebooks and books inside (I’m not aware of using a cattleya or a sterling binder yet :P). First Year was a bit rough for me, considering the fact that I am still trying to find my place in school. I have no concrete set of friends; I was being bullied behind my back. It was really frustrating. Indeed High School is far different from Grade School. But those dark times did stop. The moment I started my Second Year in high school, things had been pretty good. I got transferred to the Star Section, I met friends who are still my friends up to this moment. Now I understand what my Mom had told me, “High School is the best four years of a person’s life”. Junior and Senior years were way better than the first two years. I had finally found my place in school. I have friends who are always by my side. I had experienced many “firsts”. BATSTATEU gave me the best High School experience!!!! :D

During our High School graduation I did not shed a single tear. I thought I’m gonna cry but I did not. What I felt is extreme sadness, knowing we’re all going to different universities. Most of my friends attended college in Manila, Dasma and other places. While Gen, Casy, Janine and I remained here in BatStateU. I did not had the its-the-first-day-of-college-I’m-nervous feeling. I knew the place pretty well so getting jitters is out of the picture. I am not excited for college. HAHA! But I guess the Lord had written a beautiful college journey for me. Opportunities came pouring in. I have discovered so many things about myself. I was able to shine in ways I have never imagined I can do. Though I have wanted to do something big, I never had the confidence to pursue those things simply because I am afraid I can’t do it. God had it all in perfect timing! My college years are the most productive years of my life. I have seen myself in a broader horizon. I did things that made my parents and my school proud. I have found happiness and fulfillment despite the busy schedule and the stress I’m getting by participating in different activities. BATSTATEU gave me the best College experience!!!! ;)

Now that I’m about to leave my Alma Mater for good, I wanted to share with you what had transpired for the past eight years I am with Batangas State University ARASOF. Whatever goodness there is in me right now, I owe it to my Alma Mater and more importantly to the people who have been with me during my journey. All the knowledge and wisdom I have right now, I have got it from the best faculty members this institution have. Thank you Mama and Papa for sending me to Batangas State University! Thank you BATSTATEU ARASOF for the wonderful eight years!!! Thank you BATSTATEU ARASOF for giving me beautiful memories to remember!!!  This place has a large space in my heart. It saddens me to leave BatStateU behind but I know I have to keep moving forward, achieve great things and use all the learning that this institution has given me. In that way, I can make my Alma Mater proud!

Some High School pics that I managed to saved :)

College Years :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment